IRONMAN 2018 DisEmbark for Atlantic Seaboard & Southern SuburbsMay 4, 2018
Our 14 week IRONMAN 2018 Embark journey turned out to be a great one again. It’s the 5th year we have gone as a team to Nelson Mandela Bay, and again had over a 95% completion rate! Our athletes were on a combination of personalised programs and group training, and all the athletes benefit from the supported long rides and runs! Our long Thursday night runs and BIG weekend sessions build the endurance and mental capacity that the athletes need to complete the race! The highlight of the program is a fun filled training camp weekend away at the Westcoast Nature Reserve for the Warm Water Weekend Triathlon, and this year was another amazing 3 days of training, racing and socialising! The race on the 15th April was a amazing day out for all athletes, family and spectators and supporters!
At the end of the IRONMAN program, we celebrated with an awards evening to acknowledge the athletes for all their hard work. These were the awards for the Atlantic Seaboard & Southern Suburbs athletes
- Best Preformance, Least Attendance goes to Marco Barbieri
- Most improved swimmer goes to Thami Gumpo
- Most improved biker goes to Rory Francis
- Most improved runner goes to Angelique Edwards
- Most improved walker goes to Gerhardt van Niekerk
- Most improved overall goes to Gavin Cilliers & Petrus Brits
- Best brother & sister combo goes to Amanda & Nicholas Cardenas
- Bravery Award goes to Lara Browne & Mario Penso
- Next best thing award goes to Ashiek Parker
- The New Balance Award goes to Sally Misplon
- Embark Dark Horse goes to Angelique Edwards & Sally Misplon
- Top Embark Junior goes to Ettienne Ludick
- Top Embark Senior Master goes to Carl may
- Jacus Engelbreght Award goes to Travys, Angelique, Sally, Gavin, Ashiek & Rory
- Top Female & Male Embarker Achiever goes to Angelique Edwards & Travys Wilkins
- Top Embark Finisher Photos goes to Gert Wilkins.
Congratulations to all the athletes, and good luck to the next set of athletes doing IRONMAN Durban 70.3 in June!